If you’re wondering why you should hire a Northern Utah property management company to handle your rental property, there are a lot of reasons to consider.
- Property managers know the market and can price your Salt Lake City property better.
- Property managers have tighter rent collection processes—so you get rent on time.
- Property managers have a larger pool of qualified renters to choose from.
- Property managers have a better screening process to protect your investment.
- Property managers get long term lease renewals and have shorter vacancy periods.
- Property managers take classes and continue their education in fair housing laws and property laws.
- Property managers have updated leases that protect investors and their rental properties.
- Property managers are available 24/7 for emergencies—it's just part of full service property management.
- Property managers conduct inspections and keep maintenance costs down so that you can see real returns!
There's certainly more worth discussing when you’re thinking about the benefits of professional property management companies in Northern Utah.
However, all of the above can be broken down into three basic reasons to hire an Ogden property management company:
- Professional property management brings in more money for the owner
- Full service property management creates more free time for the owner
- Good property management reduces stress and expense for the owner.
Ogden Rental Management Means More Money for Owners
Landlords often challenge the idea that a property management company can make you more money. In reality, property managers have a better grasp of the local market and local rental rates.
Many times, an owner will be charging $50 a month less than the market demands—and trust us, that adds up! Ultimately, that $50 a month turns into $600 per year, which almost pays for professional management services on its own.
Minimizing vacancies also saves you money! Placing a renter isn’t just about filling vacancies—anyone can do that. A property manager will find you a good renter to protect your investment.
- Problem renters will prey on properties that are self-managed.
- Professional managers have a less than one percent eviction rate.
Bad residents don’t bother contacting us because they know we have a tight screening process. They’ll take advantage of investors who are working alone, instead.
Professional property management in Ogden also means tapping into cost-effective advertising. We don’t just throw up a sign and advertise in a few places!
- Most property management companies are tied into all the good rental sites and really drive attention to your Northern Utah property.
- We have relationships with local Realtors, too! Our vetted network is put to work for you to serve you and fill your vacancy.
Your property management company will also save you money on maintenance and repairs.
- A lot of local vendors know they can count on management companies for repeat business.
- They’ll offer the lowest possible price to good property management.
- Those savings are passed on to you, the owner.
Owners get caught up in do-it-yourself madness, but the cost of 'saving' money is often too expensive—especially to your long term wealth!
More Free Time Through Northern Utah Property Management
At Reeder Asset Management, we save you time throughout the entire property lifecycle.
- It starts with rental property showings, renter screenings, and background checks.
- Then, there are more showings and screenings to find the perfect renter.
- We create airtight lease agreements, record move-in videos, and take photos.
- There’s also the time that’s spent posting notices and following up on lease violations.
We respond to service calls and remain available 24 hours a day and seven days a week. Yes, your Salt Lake City, Ogden, Logan, or Brigham City property manager will respond in the middle of the night if necessary.
We also take the time to deal with renter relationships, too! You might feel like you have to give a tenant an extension on rent because you have a big heart. You’ll have pet issues and pest issues and legal issues – all of which take up a lot of time, especially if you find yourself in court. Then, there’s the eviction, which takes a lot of time and costs a lot of money. After the eviction, you’ll need to get the property ready to rent again, and everything starts over.
Most property management companies have processes in place to deal with the whole tenant experience and save you time.
An Ogden Property Management Company Means Less Stress
We handle the 'what-ifs' of investing in real estate:
- What if a renter doesn’t pay rent on time?
- What if there’s a flood in your rental property because of a renter's 'DIY?'
- What if the furnace needs to be replaced in the dead of winter—and your renters are calling?
A good property management company will manage your property like a business—not a charitable donation.
Of course, all of these topics can merit their own blog—and we’d love to tell you more face to face (or virtually over a meeting). If you have any questions about the benefits of using a Northern Utah property management company, please contact us at Reeder Asset Management. We serve properties and owners in the Wasatch Front! Our offices are located in Logan, Brigham City, Ogden, and Salt Lake City for your convenience.
Updated and republished 8/25/2020.